PlantBoom Energy Bites
These energy bites are perfect if you need a quick boost on the go. They're loaded with a blast of plant based nutrients and protein to curb your hunger and keep you going until your next meal.
1 cup Nuts & Seeds of your choice
1 cup Oatmeal
¼ cup Unsweetened cashew, almond or other milk of your choice
½ cup Hemp hearts
½ cup Soaked pitted dates
¼ cup Almond Butter
2 tsp. Unsweetened Coconut
2 tsp. Coconut Mana (coconut butter) *optional
1 tsp. Spirulina
2 tsp. Raw cocoa powder
1 tsp. Chia seeds
*Note: you can add any extras you would like - Goji berries, dark chocolate chips, greens poweders, etc.*
Directions 1) Combine nuts, hemp and chia in a food processor and pulse until broken down
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined. As needed – use spatula to push down excess from walls of processor and add extra milk to get desired texture (should form a large packed ball in food processor)
3) Place in freezer for 10 minutes to stiffen slightly.
4) Use a tablespoon or ice cream scooper to measure out balls
5) Roll into balls and coat with extra coconut shreds or cocoa powder if you choose.
6) Store in airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week or store in the freezer for up to 2 months.